Summer and Winter Leagues/Awards and Trophy Allocation
The following Leagues of the CTSA are detailed: A Smallbore (rim fire) Rifle B Air Weapons C Benchrest D LSR (Lightweight Sporting Rifle)
With the advent of the CTSA Website and Community site in 2007/8, it became possible to record Association results and information in a format available to all and for posterity.
Historically, competition records were written in a variety of haphazard methods, and none readily accessible to shooters. The trophy listing and allocation, in particular, resulted in confusing and frequent changes, many of them caused by losses.
It was ruled in 2008 that trophies would be awarded only to the highest placed Cambridgeshire County (resident) individuals, and teams (although they may not be the winners of the relevant division or competition), to stem any further losses. Medals are awarded to all qualifying competitors regardless of county affiliation.
Sterling work by a number of members at the 2009 CTSA Centenary produced a comprehensive overview of historical awards, but in paper form. These older records will be added to the Community website pages as they are compiled. League and Championship results from 2007/8 are now posted on the Community website for access by all competitors, together with corresponding medal and trophy winners.
This document is an overview of current awards and trophy allocations, and supersedes any prior listings.
Changes to awards can be made only at a CTSA AGM.
Medals are managed and issued by the League Secretaries (Smallbore and Air Weapons),trophies managed and issued by the Trophy Officer.
A Smallbore Rifle
0.22” (5.6mm) calibre
Short Range – 15yd, 20yd, 25yd, 25m, Long Range – 50m, 100yd, Individual Competitions– Summer and Winter
All competing Individuals Division 1 winners receive a gold medal.Other Division winners receive a silver medal. Additionally, the Cross Distance Medal is awarded to the shooter with the Most Improved Average.
Cambridgeshire Resident Individuals Listed trophies are awarded to Cambridgeshire Resident Individual winners/runners-up for Winter Leagues only: there are no Individual trophies awarded for Summer Leagues. No medals accompany a trophy.
Team Competitions – Summer and Winter – All competing Teams Division 1 winners each receive a gold medal. Other Division winners each receive a silver medal.
Cambridgeshire Teams Listed trophies are awarded to Cambridgeshire Team winners/runners-up; no medals accompany a trophy.
Summer Leagues Individual No trophies are awarded to Individual competitors for Summer Leagues.
- Team, Short Range (15yd, 20yd, 25yd, 25m)
- Division 1 – Alderman Anthony Cup
- Division 2 – Col.Harding Cup
- Division 3 – Linton Cup
- Division 4 – Tilley Cup
- Long Range – 50m
- Division 1 – Paul Mann Shield
- Division 2 – Bob Goody Shield
- Division 3 – Roger Jeeves Shield
- Division 4 – Jim Platt Shield
- Long Range – 100yd
- Division 1 – John Rowe Shield
- Division 2 – Louie Wallace Shield
- Division 3 – Andrew Bush Shield
- Winter Leagues Individual Short Range (15yd, 20yd, 25yd, 25m)
- A Class – Huddlestone Cup
- A Class Runner-up – Cambridgeshire Times Cup
- B Class – Lake Cup
- C Class – Pointer Cup
- D Class – Kynaston Cup
- E Class – Col. Gray Tankard
- Ladies Top Average – Alec Wallace Cup
- Mens Top Average – Medal
- Junior Best Average – Mantell Cup
- Highest Number of Possibles – Cambridgeshire Possibles Champion Cup
- Team – Short Range (15yd, 20yd, 25yd, 25m)
- Division 1 – Bebbington Cup
- Division 1 Runner-up – Viscount Clifden Cup
- Division 2 – Council Cup
- Division 3 – Pointer Memorial Cup
- Division 4 – Spalding Cup
- Division 5 – Tribe Cup
- Division 6 – Hammond Cup
- Long Range – 50m
- Division 1 – Doug Mottram Cup
- Division 2 – Pearman Cup
- Division 3 – Cambridge News Cup
- Long Range – 100yd
- Division 1 – Phorpres Cup
- Division 2 – Alf Martin Cup
B Air Weapons
Individual Winter and Summer Leagues – 0.177” (4.5mm) and 0.22” (5.6mm) calibre. Rifle, 10mPistol, 10m, 20m Division 1 winners each receive a gold medal. Other division winners each receive a silver medal.
Individual Summer and Winter Leagues 0.177” (4.5mm) and 0.22”(5.6mm) Air Weapons, 0.22” (5.6mm) Smallbore. Rifle, 10m, 15yd, 20yd, 25yd, 50m. Division 1 winners each receive a gold medal. Other Division winners each receive a silver medal.
0.22” (5.6mm) Smallbore Rifle, 25yd, Division 1 winners each receive a gold medal.Other Division winners each receive a silver medal.